Monday 13 June 2011

Choux Cafe

"MACARON HEAVEN!"



I LOVE my Almond croissants and I LOVE my Macarons so what better place to find them all in ONE FRENCH cafe! CHOUX CAFE!

I've read many positive reviews about Choux Cafe and after finding out that the place is owned by the celebrity chef Emmanuel Mollois..that just sealed the deal.

Emmanuel Mollois featured in Poh's Kitchen
Being a working citizen, It was hard to find time to visit the place..but FINALLY my friends and I went on a Sunday morning arriving at 10:30am only to find that most of the pastries was almost finished and ALL the croissants and breads were SOLD! Luckily there was still some macarons and they were still baking some fresh ones *PHEW* The venue did not have many table seatings so we were lucky to have walked into a couple leaving.

We ordered pretty much everything that was left in the glass display, a drink each and a couple of macaroons to try.


I ordered the hot chocolate and my friend ordered the mocha...We have tasted better but they sure know how to make good froth so I applaud them for that.

Hot Chocolate

Mocha
I don't quite remember the names of the pastries we ordered but I do remember them being SIMPLE and DELICIOUS! the accompanying salad was also fresh and Delicious. The pastries are abit on the pricey side but knowing that all the products (except breads) are made on the premises makes it all worth it.


Potato gratin - buttery layers of potato goodness
The sweets we ordered were also a HIT! we were lucky to have the last pistachio and pineapple cake coated with white chocolate and coconut...everyone loved this one..though it was hard to share between the 4 of us.

Pistachio and pineapple cake with white chocolate and coconut
What went from just trying out 3-4 macarons turned out to buying almost all 18 flavours! The macarons were perfectly made, crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle and a lovely cream in the centre..and with all the different flavours offered..how could we not try them ALL!

Ordered a bag
Then I ordered a BOX!
I've tried them all and the verdict! I LOVE mostly the fruity flavours!
1. PASSIONFRUIT
2. Rose
3. Lavender
4. Bosenberry
5. Pistachio
6. Strawberry
7. Raspberry
8. Hazlenut

I've tried Macarons from other cafes around perth and I reckon this place has the BEST macarons and best variety. I am definitely going back and hopefully trying the almond croissants!...oh and MORE MACArOnS!

TRADING HOURS:
Monday - Friday
7am - 5pm
Saturday
7am- 2.30pm
Sunday
7am - 12.30pm 

Choux Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment