Sunday 16 June 2013

Jamaica blue

I usually avoid franchised cafes, just coz there's something impersonal about them, they lack character if you know what I mean. I guess you could call me a franchise cafe SNOB. Oneday C and I wanted to catch up but couldn't be bothered travelling out of the suburbs with the worries of finding parking and wasting petrol and dressing up and blah, first world problem. Anyways we chose to try out Jamaica Blue in Riverton Forum, a franchise cafe and lets just say I'm no longer a franchise cafe SNOB, just a SNOB :)

Upon arrival I noticed the beautiful contemporary wall paper which I loved and wanted to take a photo but didn't want to seem like I was taking pictures of all the people sitting in front of it. I know, being a food blogger why would I have any dignity left. WELL I REFUSE TO THINK SO.

I had a browse of the menu and decided to have the smoked salmon potato cakes which came with hollandaise sauce and caramalised onion. All the hot meals were displayed in the cabinet which I dislike, I don't like the thought that the dishes aren't prepared fresh on the spot, anyways I stuck with my order and also had a chai latte *of course*


Salmon potato cakes

First bite. DELICIOUS! Saltiness of the salmon, savouriness of the potato, creaminess of the hollandaise sauce and sweetness of the onions make a perfect dish, I don't know why I haven't seen this combo more often. Salad was pretty much salad with what I believe was store bought balsamic dressing. Chai latte was perfect, very creamy just the way I like it :) I will bring my sister here to show her how a Chai latte is done, she's been trying to make a creamy chai latte at home with many failed attempts. My friend wasn't very hungry so she had a cookie hahah! I dont' think that's worth blogging bout. I forgot to ask C how she thought about the coffee, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Overall enjoyed my meal though I have to admit, I was very surprised, perhaps my expectations were lowered since I'm a franchise cafe snob but it's definetly good stuff. Great environment, lovely food and reasonable prices makes a happy snob :)

Jamaica Blue Parkwood on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment